PEar deck Careers
Financial Analyst / Controller
Pear Deck is seeking a seasoned professional to manage all financial activities of the company. Founded in 2014, Pear Deck is an educational app that’s changing K-12 education by making it possible for teachers to truly engage with every student every day. As the Financial Analyst/Controller you’ll be responsible for the overall financial guidance, health, and compliance of the business as we expand to support many more customers. You’ll be an organizing and driving force within Revenue Operations and work closely with our executive team.
The ideal candidate will be a degreed accountant with leadership-level experience in both corporate and operational accounting. Pear Deck is headquartered in Iowa City, IA and we have a strong preference for hiring a local candidate for this position.
In this role you’ll be reporting directly to our COO and will be an integral part of our Revenue Operations Team. Specific responsibilities include:
- General Bookkeeping
- Payroll administration of officer and staff salaries and benefits through our PEO.
- Managed shared receipts in cloud document storage.
- 1099-Misc management - email notifications to contractors, landlords, lawyers mail notifications for those who prefer mail Summary reporting to IRS.
- Monthly accrual of earned vs. unearned revenue – based on contract length.
- Bookkeeping to GAAP standards - Managing prepaid expense and unearned revenue balances (Ratable Revenue Accrual through FlowRev).
- Accrual reporting for investors. Book to tax reconciliations.
- Manage inventory and depreciation of fixed assets.
- Create and send invoices and manage collections process.
- Develop and manage spending policies and expense tracking.
- Monthly reconciliation of bank & credit card accounts.
- Spearhead development of annual budget.
- Monthly budget meetings and reports with each department.
- Monthly management reports & KPIs.
- Review of Monthly Management report & financial statements Monthly meeting.
- Maintain contract database for reporting of SaaS metrics.
- Participate on the RevOps team and assist with development of operational procedure improvements in Salesforce.com.
- Ensure that our financial processes map back to operational procedures.
- CPA/Audit Review
- Work with outside CPA’s to perform an annual audit.
- Work with outside CPA’s to manage tax filings.
A great candidate will:
- Have strong business acumen
- Be well-versed in SaaS business models and analytics
- Possess excellent analytical skills
- Have proven track record of working under tight deadlines and delivering high quality results
- Possess excellent communication and influential skills
- Exhibit a strong understanding of financial analysis and accounting principles
- Preferably have experience within a startup or early stage environment
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Be computer proficient
Ideal applicants will be licensed CPA or CIAs and/or have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in accounting, finance, or other relevant field.
We are looking for individuals who are excited to bring their creativity, honesty, and initiative to the challenges of growing a company and creating something worthy. To apply, tell us about your career so far and how you think our vision aligns with your career goals.
Interested? Write to Anthonyemail@example.com
About Working at Pear Deck
Pear Deck is an early-stage, funded startup headquartered in Iowa City, Iowa. We're focused on delivering powerful learning moments to every student, every day. By joining Pear Deck at this stage in our growth, you will be getting in during an exciting time as we expand our team while maintaining our humanity. So, if you like the idea of working on a close-knit crew as we face the challenges of scaling both our customers and our team, this is the perfect time to jump in.